Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day #2- Plyometrics


Today I did Plyometrics for the first time. Tony Horton describes it as "jump training", old fashioned but very essential for athletic training...jumping higher and going stronger then anyone else!

Since "jump training" is completely new to me it didn't seem old fashioned at all. It was intense! Half way through I start thinking, "When is this going to end?!" (It's an hour long segment)... But this is what it takes to get into the best shape of my life- to push harder than then I ever have before. I was very excited to get through the whole hour but I did have to take a few short breaks to get my heart rate down a little. There was no "bonus round" is this one...just go, go, go!!

Tony Horton says at the beginning that he recommends a heart monitor...unfortunately I don't have one yet...but I definitely see why. My heart was getting the biggest workout it's had in a while. Plyometrics is some intense cardio and is great strength training for the legs. There was tons of squatting and jumping and then more squatting and jumping, here and there and everywhere. Then running and knee lifts and...more jumping and so on and so on.

I think that, personally, Plyometrics will be a lot easier for me than Ab Ripper X or any upper body resistence training...lower body strength has always been my strong point. The other areas...not so much.

I'm so glad to be a part of something that really tests and challenges my abilities and I can't wait to see my body transform in the next few weeks!

Oh goody...Shoulder & Arms and Ab Ripper X tomorrow. We'll see if I can type a blog after completing those. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment?