Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chocolate Covered Banana Recipe

One of the biggest benefits of Shakeology for me has been that it satisfies my cravings for sweets. I now crave less and buy and make very little sweets. Shakeology is able to do this through the potent nutrition and certain super foods that help satisfy the body, and because it's a treat in itself! When the body is completely nourished it naturally wants less. It also helps motivate me to eat healthier throughout the day. I've been drinking it now for about 8 months and still feel it working for me every day...in my energy level, keeping me full, helping me maintain a good weight and so much more. And since I drink it every day, it's nice to be able to mix thing up a little differently! Instead of my icy chocolate milk shake, some days I like to make more food-like items. Here is one treat that I came up with:

Chocolate Covered Banana




1/2 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
2 Tbs. coconut oil
1 Tbs. PB2 (Optional. PB2 is peanut butter with the oil pressed out...PB taste without all the fat. Great product! You can find it at your local grocery store or at the above link.)
1 tsp. honey or stevia (Optional)
2 medium sized bananas

Mix the Shakeology, coconut oil, PB2 and honey together. Dip bananas or drizzle mixture over bananas. Freeze for approximately 20 minutes. The bananas are great slightly frozen and the chocolate mixture will make a hard shell. This can be done with any fruit and tastes amazing!

Enjoy!


And who doesn't ♥ LOVE 
Chocolate Covered Strawberries?!

I made these the same way, but without PB2. They taste amazing. Perfect combination of flavors!



Buy Shakeology or learn more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment?