Sunday, January 1, 2012

Phase #2 Complete!

Hey again everyone,

Here's a little update for you all...I just completed the 2nd month of my P90X challenge and I couldn't be more excited for this next and last month of P90X!! In 30 or so days I will be posting my "after" pictures. I'm starting to feel more confident that there will be a noticeable difference between my "before" and "after" pictures." I'll admit that some days I do wonder if I'm making any difference, but the changes in myself both inside and out are becoming more and more evident and undeniable...In my strength, muscle tone, flexibility, endurance and in my energy, confidence, excitement for life and happiness!! I think back on 2 months ago and I wonder how I even lived that way. I wasn't terribly unhealthy or overweight, but from what I've learned over the last 2 months, there are certain habits that I never want to have again. Such as mediocre workouts and mediocre eating habits, including lots of sweets. And I never want to possess the mindset again that so many people have: one of, "Oh, this is what happens after babies. This is how my body is going to be." Not anymore! This journey is incredible because I have realized that our bodies are more amazing then we know at healing and restoring themselves through super healthy eating and challenging exercise. Someone who has been overweight their WHOLE entire lives can be finally become thin and healthy by following this plan. It's work, yes, but so worth it! And for me personally, P90X isn't just a 90 day challenge...but the start of a whole life challenge. I hope to work with Beachbody to help others, and to challenge myself mentally and physically for a long, long time.

So, I got a book in the mail the other day. Chalene Johnson (known for her workouts "TurboJam", "Chelean Extreme" and "Turbofire") just came out with this amazing life-changing book about restoring your life to health. She talks about how a journey to fitness isn't JUST about exercise and eating right, but how it needs to be a whole life makeover. I opened it up for the first time last night and started reading about her views on nutrition. She categorizes food into 3 color-coded tiers- Green, Yellow, and Red Zones. Like stop lights, green foods are always a go! Yellow foods should be used with caution, and Red foods should be avoided entirely or eaten rarely. Like I talked about it one of my last posts, I've been eating really well since I began P90X! And I have a very good understanding of nutrition and healthy eating already...but reading her book last night re-affirmed the fact that I still have a lot to learn and many modifications to make. And that's something she talks about: That we just do that best we can with what we currently know and feel...but we must make the effort to continually learn about healthy eating. You will find through your own research that a certain food, for example, isn't as healthy and necessary to your diet as you thought. I will post more details about Chalene's color system in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment?